The Emulator Zone News
Mesen 0.9.3 released
September 9, 2017 by GHDpro
A new version of the excellent NES Emulator Mesen has been released. Here are the major changes in version 0.9.3:
- UI: All UI shortcuts are now customizable in the Preferences (multi-key shortcuts are now supported).
- UI: Added a link to the new online documentation site in the Help menu.
- Cheats: Fixed crash when cheats window was opened
- HD Packs: Fixed sprite recording in HD Pack Builder and crashes when loading HD packs in some conditions.
- Debugger: Fixed some minor bugs.
- Linux: Fixed some crashes and layout fixes.
- Dendy: Fixed regression bug with intensify color and grayscale bits emulation.
If you already have Mesen, just launch it and it will self-update. You can also download the new version from the Mesen
Nestopia UE 1.48 released
September 4, 2017 by GHDpro
A new version of the popular NES emulator Nestopia has been released.
The change list is a little long, but can be found here.
The author of Nestopia UE also put a message on his website in which he states the project will slow down a bit for personal reasons, but that it's not dead ("until he is").
You can download the new version from the Nestopia page.
Mesen 0.9.2 released
September 4, 2017 by GHDpro
A new version of the excellent NES Emulator Mesen has been released. Here are the major changes in version 0.9.2:
- UI: Added an initial setup dialog for new users.
- UI: Ability to configure paths and portable mode in preferences.
- HD Packs: New features, bug fixes and audio replacement support.
- Input: Added support for the Famicom's second controller's microphone.
- Savestates: Added ability to save/load the state to/from any file.
- Debugger: Added Lua scripting.
- Debugger: Assembler now has syntax highlighting.
- Debugger: Integration with ASM6 via freem's fork (ASM6f) to import labels and code comments.
- Debugger: Added iNES header editor
- Debugger: PPU viewer enhancements
- Debugger: Added "Developer mode" option for quicker access to debugging tools
- NSF: Added repeat and shuffle options
- General: Improved emulator startup performance
- UI: Fixed window size not being remembered correctly in some cases
- FDS: Bug fixes related to cheats and save data
- Debugger: Fixed watch window usability issues and assembler bugs
You can download the new version from the Mesen
Download counts reset
September 1, 2017 by GHDpro
It occured to me that the "Top Downloads" section on the right side of the page hadn't changed much in ages. Looking back at the code that creates the list, it basically was listing emulators by number of downloads since they were added to the site, which obviously favored very old emulators over newer ones.
So for that reason I've just reset the downloads count. For the first few days after this post the "Top Downloads" section might look a bit weird, but after that it should more accurately represent the actual top downloads for 2017.
MAME 0.189 released
August 30, 2017 by GHDpro
A new version of the arcade emulator MAME has been released. Here are the major changes in version 0.189:
- The -sleep and -refreshspeed options have been fixed (MAME will no longer use 100% of a CPU core for the least demanding systems).
- UI translations have been updated - Chinese, German and Greek are fully up-to-date.
- Many layout and navigation bugs in the system/software selection menus have been fixed.
- Slot card BIOS selection has been fixed.
- Performance of machines that make heavy use of the output/artwork system has been substantially improved.
- Support for many more PNG features has been added.
- A number of issues with XML system/device output have been addressed.
You can find the full list of changes here
. You can download the new version from the MAME
Cemu 1.9.1 released
August 29, 2017 by GHDpro
A new public version of the Wii U emulator Cemu has been released. Here are the changes in version 1.9.1:
- Added second window which displays the GamePad screen
- Improved texture readback
- Bug fixes (audio, recompiler and input)
- Optimizations for the texture decoder
You can download the new version from the Cemu